Friday, January 15, 2010

Do it now, or...

I just laid out the key points of a post. The subject is important. I grubbed up a good picture and some relevant, amusing and wise links. With a little work on the wording, it could be a nice, solid piece of work.

The idea had come to me as I tramped the snowy fields of Berkshire with my dog at lunchtime. I've let my subconscious noodle away at the key themes, and I think it's done a good job. It feels smug and self satisfied.

Unfortunately, I have clean forgotten what gave me the idea. And suddenly I feel very uncomfortable with the idea of blogging it. Why? It's still the bones of a good post - might even be useful to someone one day. BUT it doesn't seem to belong here.  It needs some link to my life to come alive itself.

Or it could simply be insurance against banality. ("What, you had the same thought yourself? Seth Godin said it better? How nice! I'm just jotting down some bits of my little life - move along: there's nothing happening here.")

Perhaps it'll come back to me, or I'll conquer my scruples. Meanwhile, the draft is there. Waiting. Patiently.


My subconscious is very cross with me. And rightly so.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't the place for wallflowering, you know. Speak up!

    (you can always sneakily delete it if it stops you from sleeping once it's out there in the world...)

    ReplyDelete